When Debby Ryan isn’t busy filming her hit show Jessie, she’s making awesome music videos! Her latest is a duet cover of Stevie Wonder’s “Superstition” with jazz singer Breanna Whitaker.
The video, which Debby said was filmed in one take (how crazy is that?!) in her dressing room, is both as cool and sassy as the song. The girls’ voices totally compliment each other and we would love to hear them duet again sometime soon!
“Brenna and I made a pact that if the video got to a million YouTube views, I’d get up and sing at Jazz Night,” Debby said. “So I guess that much is in your hands. OH NO. I’m actually terrified all over again.”
If you’re loving this video, you’ll also want to check out Debby’s behind-the-scenes “Wonder” facts below.
1. The video was shot in my dressing room on set in ONE single take. There are no editing points, just a few magic tricks.
2. Stevie Wonder came to Brenna’s show after hearing rave reviews; he ended up performing several songs on her stage!
3. We all collectively ate two deep dish pizzas, a massive salad, and like thirty peppermint patties whilst shooting the video.
4. This was the maiden voyage for that beautiful butter yellow AV52 Tele. The tone was crunchy & perfect, & we couldn’t have been more excited to christen it on this song.
5. Austin & Heath are in the band The Bolts, who I first discovered 3 years ago. One of the songs on their upcoming record was created in our studio, Ryan River. So love it.
6. The clothes hanging in the hallway (which we sneakily change into halfway through] are from Brenna’s personal vintage wardrobe. I’ve seen her perform in them at Jazz Night; fangirl moment!)
7. The inspiration behind covering this song was a day on the Jessie set when Cameron Boyce & I could not stop singing Stevie Wonder songs!
8. Brenna & I made a pact that if the video got to a million YouTube views, I’d get up & sing at Jazz Night. So I guess that much is in your hands. OH NO. I’m actually terrified all over again.
Check out the vid above and then hit the comments and Twitter and tell us what you think!