Go behind-the-scenes of Disney Channel’s newest original movie!
We caught up with 20-year-old “Zombies” actress Emilia McCarthy (who plays Lacey) for the inside scoop on all things Team Zom and all things Team Pom. The pink and green musical movie follows students from Zombietown who transfer to a traditional high school, and premieres tonight on Disney!
Want the 411? Make sure you’re following our Instagram (@TigerBeatNow), where Emilia will be taking over for the rest of the day, all the way up until tonight’s “Zombies” debut, and keep scrolling to catch her five insider secrets: from what the cast did between takes, to their scarily identical stunt doubles and more!
1. We would start our days at 4am!! The Zombies though, who needed a long time time in the makeup chair, would start their days at even 3am sometimes!
2. We all had stunt doubles who scarily looked exactly like us:
3. That is Mickey Nguyen’s real hair. They had quite a time trying to replicate it for his double!
4. When we were shooting out in the forest for the football game scenes, we pretty much formed a full blown summer camp. We all ran out of data on our phones eventually so we resorted to playing card games and improv games and bonded the most then.
5. On the last day, I brought churros for everyone as a wrap present. My mom, Margarita, who is Mexican helped hand them out. Everyone thought she made them, but we ordered them! There’s no way my mom would’ve made 300 churros.
Can’t wait for tonight’s sure-to-be epic premiere? Meet crush-worthy cutie Milo Manheim, who plays Zed in the upcoming flick!