Since starring in Disney Channel’s Shake It Up!, Zendaya has been shaking Hollywood up in the best way possible. Z has easily claimed queen status as she not only struts down red carpets looking fabulous, but also continues to impart knowledge and wise words for everyone listening. Here are 10 of her most inspirational quotes to start your week off right.
By: Sora Hwang
1. â€œI donâ€™t mind if people look at me like Iâ€™m crazy. Iâ€™m just being me.”
Zendaya doesn’t care what anyone else thinks. Though it’s totally much easier said than done, it’s important to remember that the best person you can be is yourself!
2. â€œNobodyâ€™s ugly. That doesnâ€™t exist. I say, take the time to get to know who you are. Take the time to love yourself and everything will be alright.â€
In a society that sets ridiculous beauty standards, Zendaya is a breath of fresh air as she reminds fans that accepting and loving yourself comes first.
3. â€œI think women are very powerful and I think weâ€™re more powerful together than separated.”
We don’t call it girl power for nothing! Zendaya reminds girls everywhere to support each other instead of tearing each other down.
4. â€œItâ€™s so hard for women to be happy for one another, like genuinely happy. Once you find that, you know youâ€™ve found true SELF happiness.â€
Going off of supporting each other, Zendaya makes a good point. Once you are at a point where you can wholeheartedly support someone else, you are truly happy and content with yourself. It’s important to find that good place in your life.
5. “You cannot be held back from doing things because of other people’s opinions. Then, you’ll never do anything!â€
Don’t let other people hold you back or stop you from doing something you want to do! Do what you love. Take chances. You’ll regret it later if you don’t.
6. â€œSometimes, you just gotta stand up for what you believe is right and you canâ€™t be afraid of doing that.â€
Standing up for yourself takes bravery and courage, but Zendaya has faith in you and so do we!
7. â€œI have standards I donâ€™t plan on lowering for anybodyâ€¦including myself.â€
There may be times that you feel like you have to settle, whether it’s what grade you get at school or how someone treats you. Queen Z never wants you to forget how much you’re worth, meaning you should never, ever settle.
8. “I’m not wearing this makeup so some guy will check out my highlighter. He’s not going to care. I’m doing this because I feel bomb.â€
Just like Zendaya says, don’t wear makeup or certain clothes to impress someone else. Do what makes you feel good. (Little Mix has the same exact message.)
9. â€œI want to show that you donâ€™t have to be older to live your dreams. You can do it at any age.â€
It doesn’t matter how young or old you are. You can do anything you set your mind to! After all, Zendaya is only 19, and she’s already taken over the fashion and entertainment worlds.
10. “I’m secure in myself, I love myself, and when you get to that point, you do what you want. You can wear what you want, and you can try what you want, because you’re not afraid of people’s comments.â€
Last but not least, Zendaya drives home the most important point. Being secure with who you are and loving being in your own skin is the key to happiness in every aspect of life.