If you don’t know her already, then you probably should!
You may be familiar with YouTube superstars like Eva Gutowski and Lauren Riihimaki, but have you heard of new girl on the block Liv Vargus? She’s a 20-year-old contouring queen, fitness fiend and Instagram expert, and these are her tips and tricks to succeeding on the Internet’s favorite video-sharing site:
1. First and foremost, be authentic with your content! Create what you would want to watch. Sometimes, I look at my own YouTube “watch history” to get ideas from what I’ve been interested in lately.
2. Don’t compare yourself to others! Focus on yourself and your reasons for making videos.
3. If you’re struggling to come up with video ideas, ask yourself: “What can I offer the world?” What kind of positive impact can you make?
4. You don’t have to fit into a YouTube box (aka beauty bloggers, comedy, daily vloggers…etc.) Make your own path and create your own content niche.
5. Be patient with the process and trust that things will take time and fall into place when they’re meant to be.
6. Take snack breaks in between filming. This step is important!
7. Never let other people’s doubts or hate stop you from creating videos. Your success will silence everyone in a few years if you just zone them out now and stay focused.
8. Strive to get better every day in any aspect possible: whether that’s video creation, editing, lighting, channel art, or anything else that you can do to improve yourself.
9. Most of all, keep practicing and working hard toward your goals. Being persistent and determined is so important, and I wouldn’t be anywhere near where I am today if I’d given up when things got difficult!
Love watching YouTube videos? Then you’ll love the trailer Shay Mitchell made for her channel!