It’s International Women’s Day, and the best way to celebrate this important day is to take a moment to appreciate all the great women around us!
These women continue to uplift and inspire us to be the best versions of ourselves, speak out for what we believe in, and to keep dreaming. We love that we have an entire day dedicated to celebrating the amazing achievements of incredible women, and to embrace how amazing it is to be a woman! Keep reading for six girl power icons you can look up to on International Women’s Day, and everyday!
1. Zendaya. Everyone knows that this starlet is a total queen! The 21-year-old singer, actress, and dancer is always speaking out for things that are important to her, and that’s exactly what makes her such a power icon. She recently opened up about her fear of not being perfect, and we totally admire her strength in so many ways and her honesty. Keep being amazing, Zendaya!
2. Rowan Blanchard. This ‘Girl Meets World’ starlet has been speaking out about the importance of women’s rights for years now! We totally admire how she’s not afraid to voice her opinion to help others! Rowan also always advocates the importance of self-care, and is all around a young woman to admire.
3. Chloe Lukasiak. This former ‘Dance Moms’ starlet is a total girl power icon! Chloe, who recently opened up about the importance of being kind to other people, is also an author. Her book, ‘Girl on Pointe,’ was recently published and tackles several important topics such as bullying, working to achieve your dreams, and more.
4. Demi Lovato. Who doesn’t love Demi?! She’s totally empowering. This 25-year-old actress and singer is always thinking of what she can do to help others, and it’s so inspiring. She’s even offering free therapy for her fans while on tour. Can you say selfless, or what?!
5. Yara Shahidi. Yara may only be 18-years-old, but she’s wise beyond her years! This talented actress is always advocating the importance of loving yourself for you, using her voice to speak up (she recently shared a very important and powerful message during Black History Month in February), and is overall total role model material! You go girl!
Happy International Women's Day ✨ Not only to the tribe that have uplifted and inspired me, but to my peers and mentors who's presence defines/ redefines/ and expands the concept of womanhood and what we can achieve to that which is inclusive and not only makes room, but celebrates our diversity✨#internationalwomensday
6. Sofia Wylie. Actress Sofia Wylie is so inspirational! The ‘Andi Mack’ starlet just dished on being a role model, and her words of wisdom are totally sweet! It’s no wonder Sofia Wylie is looked up to so much; she is wise beyond her years, and truly uses her platform for good!
Today I celebrate all the women that uplift and celebrate the beauty, strength and intelligence that has always been in all of us! #internationalwomensday2018 #MondayMotivaton #March4Women #internationalwomenday2018 ❤️ @WylieSofia 🎥 @michaelscottslc pic.twitter.com/sqKqOosPni
— Sofia Wylie (@WylieSofia) March 8, 2018
Want even more girl power in your life? Check out the top anthems to rock out to this International Women’s Day!