We need an Elle and Noah update ASAP!
It’s been over a year since “The Kissing Booth” came out on Netflix, and we’ve been begging for a sequel ever since. Luckily, the Netflix gods have heard a prayers because “The Kissing Booth 2” is on its way!
Can’t wait that long? To help hold you over until the streaming site blesses us fans, we’ve rounded up everything we know about the sure-to-be amazing
1. Unfortunately, we don’t have a release date yet. It’s not officially announced, which isn’t exactly alleviating our anxieties. Some speculation has gone around about when the film could drop, but the truth is we don’t yet know. *Eternal sad face*
2. You’ll be able to find out what happens in January 2020. So, maybe you won’t have to wait too long for an update because author Beth Reekles is releasing the sequel to the book that the film is based on soon!
Coming in Jan 2020… THE KISSING BOOTH 2: GOING THE DISTANCE! And the news doesn't end there – Coming May 11th 2019, THE BEACH HOUSE, ft. the first chapter of TKB2! Pre-order yours now! – https://t.co/hJSGfkTv8Z pic.twitter.com/BrbMW44U0F
— Beth Reekles (@Reekles) February 21, 2019
3. All of your faves are returning! Yes, even Jacob Elordi! Netflix recently revealed on Instagram that, despite Noah Flynn going away to college, he’ll be making a comeback in the sequel.
4. We don’t know for sure, but Joey King hinted that Elle and Noah may stay together in a sequel. In an interview, the star said “…if there was a sequel, my prediction would be hopefully Elle and Noah stay together.”
5. There’s another love interest for Elle. His name’s Levi, but we don’t know much more than that. The book’s synopsis reveals that “…it’s hard to ignore new boy Levi. He’s gentle, sweet, cute – and definitely interested in Elle.” We don’t know who’s playing Levi yet, but we’re keeping our eyes peeled for the details.
6. Our favorite best friend shenanigans are going to continue. Based on Netflix’s totally cute announcement video, it seems that Elle will have best friend Lee back by her side and Joel Courtney is playing him (of course!). Looking at the sweet video, the same bestie chemistry seems to be shining through as always.
7. Joey revealed on a podcast that despite her breakup with costar Jacob making things a little awkward, it was well worth it. In the interview, she said “I learned a lot about myself and I grew as an actor. I grew as a person on this.”
8. According to IBT, a prequel podcast is coming up real soon. “Kissing Booth – Elle’s Diary” has everyone talking. It’s a scripted series and while the details aren’t released quite yet, we just know that we’ll need to be listening to see what secrets Elle will share.