IT. WAS. A. CULTURAL. RESET.
It’s officially been 10 years since One Direction swept us off our feet — and we’ve been falling for them ever since! After the infamous announcement of their 18-month-haitus (which has since stretched into 4 years), our hearts were broken. Luckily, these boy bands stepped in to give us the bops we so needed.
To celebrate 1D’s big birthday (and their larger-than-life impact) we’ve rounded up 14 of our favorite boybands of the 2010’s: from Big Time Rush to Why Don’t We, and every talented group in between! Keep scrolling to check ’em all out.
1. Big Time Rush: Kendall Schmidt, Logan Henderson, James Maslow, Carlos PenaVega (2009-2014)
2. Union J: JJ Hamblett, Jaymi Hensley, Casey Johnson, Josh Lloyd-Cuthbert, George Shelley (2011 – Now)
3. 5 Seconds of Summer: Luke Hemmings, Michael Clifford, Calum Hood, Ashton Irwin (2011 – Now)
4. The Vamps: Brad Simpson, Tristan Evans, James Mcvey, Connor Ball (2012 – Now)
5. BTS: V, Jungkook, Jimin, SUGA, RM, J-Hope, Jin (2013 – Now)
6. New Hope Club: Reece Bibby, Blake Richardson, George Smith (2015 – Now)
7. CNCO: Joel Pimentel, Richard Camacho, Erick Brian Colón, Christopher Vélez, and Zabdiel De Jesús (2015 – Now)
8. Citizen Four: Mikey Fusco, Josh Levi, Conner Boatman, Carson Boatman, Austin Percario (2016 – Now)
9. Why Don’t We: Daniel Seavey, Zach Herron, Corbyn Besson, Jonah Marais, Jack Avery (2016 – Now)
10. PRETTYMUCH: Brandon Arreaga, Zion Kuwonu, Nick Mara, austin Porter, Edwin Honoret (2016 – Now)
11. Next Town Down: Malik Knighten, Leon Outlaw Jr., Terence Thomas, Tre’Von Waters, Chris Louis (2017 – Now)
12. In Real Life: Chance Perez, Brady Tutton, Conor Michael Smith, Drew Ramos, Sergio Calderon (2017 – January 2020)
13. 4th Ave: Mikey Jiminez, K-Marzzz, Jaden Gray, Cam Jackson (2018 – October 2019)
14. On The Outside: Andrew Bloom, Dawson Huckabee, Devin Hayes, Jon Klaasen, Sam Jenkins (2019 – Now)
Are you the ultimate boyband stan? See if you can tell which of these lyrics belong to Why Don’t We or PRETTYMUCH?