Enough is enough.
This weekend, citizens across the country — including kids and teens — took to the streets and marched to make a difference and urge policymakers to reform gun control legislation. The national event, organized by survivors of the recent school shooting in Parkland, Florida, demanded that the safety of citizens become a nationwide priority.
People marched, rallied and inspired in more than 800 cities across the world! Keep scrolling to catch five of the most powerful moments from this past weekend’s March For Our Lives:
1. When Miley Cyrus moved the crowd with “The Climb”
2. When Marjory Stonemason Douglas student Emma Gonzalez emotionally took six minutes of silence to honor victims of the devastating February 14th shooting.
3. When Martin Luther King JR’s granddaughter used her grandfather’s famous phrase, “I have a dream” to inspire demonstrators.
4. When Ariana Grande took the rally stage with “Be Alright”
5. When 11-year-old activist Naomi Wadler reminded peers that you’re never too young to make a difference.