These quotes will move you.
It’s been nearly 15 years since John Green, the best-selling author who brought us “The Fault in Our Stars” and “Paper Towns,” released his debut novel “Looking for Alaska,” and now fans can finally watch their favorite characters come to life on screen in Hulu’s soul-searching adaption of the impactful story!
Read the book back in the day but can’t remember what it was that made you feel so connected to the deep-thinking, diary-esque drama? We’ve rounded up 16 quotes that’ll refresh your memory, and make you want to watch the series adaption (starring Charlie Plummer, Kristine Froseth and more) ASAP! Keep scrolling to check ’em all out.
1. “I may die young, but at least I’ll die smart.” – Alaska Young
2. “You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you’ll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present.” – Miles “Pudge” Halter
3. “The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.” – “Looking for Alaska”
4. “True love will triumph in the end – which may or may not be a lie, but if it is a lie, it’s the most beautiful lie we have.” – “Looking for Alaska”
5. “I wanted to be one of those people who have streaks to maintain, who scorch the ground with their intensity. But for now, at least I knew such people, and they needed me, just like comets need tails.” – Miles “Pudge” Halter
6. “Thomas Edison’s last words were “It’s very beautiful over there”. I don’t know where there is, but I believe it’s somewhere, and I hope it’s beautiful.” – “Looking for Alaska”
7. “When adults say, “Teenagers think they are invincible” with that sly, stupid smile on their faces, they don’t know how right they are.” – Miles “Pudge” Halter
8. “We think that we are invincible because we are. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations. They forget that when they get old. They get scared of losing and failing. But that part of us greater than the sum of our parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail.” – Miles “Pudge” Halter
9. “Francois Rabelais. He was a poet. And his last words were “I go to seek a Great Perhaps.” That’s why I’m going. So I don’t have to wait until I die to start seeking a Great Perhaps.” – Alaska Young
10. “We need never be hopeless because we can never be irreparably broken.” – Alaska Young
11. “When you stopped wishing things wouldn’t fall apart, you’d stop suffering when they did.” – Miles “Pudge” Halter
12. “We are greater than the sum of our parts.” – Miles “Pudge” Halter
13. “Those awful things are survivable because we are as indestructible as we believe ourselves to be.” – Alaska Young
14. “[She is] a woman so strong she burns heaven and drenches hell.” – Miles “Pudge” Halter
15. “Everything that comes together falls apart. Everything. The chair I’m sitting on. It was built, and so it will fall apart. I’m gonna fall apart, probably before this chair. And you’re gonna fall apart. The cells and organs and systems that make you you—they came together, grew together, and so must fall apart.” – Old Man
16. “Memories fall apart, too. And then you’re left with nothing, left not even with a ghost but with its shadow.” – Miles “Pudge” Halter
In case you missed it, this is how Kristine reacted to being cast in the highly-anticipated project!